Every now and again, the universe sends me a special gift.
This morning, as I prepared my latest TED “playlist” from the 300+ amazing TED talks by amazing TED women, I stumbled on this gem: a TEDx talk by creator Amy Rosenthal.
Rosenthal is a truly magical force: a writer, filmmaker, radio host, author of more than 12 children’s books, and creator of The Beckoning: A Feature Film Featuring You.
Rosenthal themed her March 2010 TEDxWaterloo talk around musical structure.
It’s cool. Very cool. Here are the basics:
The 7 notes (A, B, C, D, E, F, G)
1) A lways Trust In Magic (And be aware of synchronicity.)
2) B eckon The Lovely (Whatever we look for, we tend to find.)
3) C onnecTED (We are. Explore the connection.)
4) D o (We know what we need to do. We just need to do it.)
5) E mpty Space (Create some. Empty space is part of the song.)
6) F igure It Out As You Go (We don’t need the answers before we start.)
7) G o To It: (Ask what makes you come alive and go to it.)
Play each of the notes in the key of you.
Make the most of your time here.
The talk is great, especially the video at the start: