Yes, I have continued on Susan’s Last 10 Days in May Magic Bullet Muffin & Fat Back Buster UnDiet & Weight Release Thing, even while I was madly blogging against big bad corporate Facebook and its misogynist treatment of women — fighting the good feminist fight as it were.
I wrote five posts which so far have a combined viewership of 6,000+ (2,700 on one day alone in the heat of the battle!). Not bad for my little upstart blog. Now things will return to normal (i.e. quiet) of course. Anyway, here are the five posts; #3 is my personal fave:
- Blocked for being a “bad girl?” (Trigger warning)
- How to report hate speech on Facebook
- I’m confused Facebook… (Trigger warning)
- Some down. A long way to go. (Trigger warning)
- Yes, @Facebook, it IS graphic violence
The most exciting news is:
OMG! WE WON! Yipppeee!
Facebook caved after a week, and agreed to meet the demands of a feminist triumvirate and their thousands of supporters worldwide.
“We need to do better,” Facebook said in this statement.
So that’s the precis of my activist work this week. Sorry I didn’t keep up with the food posts. I intend to do two more, then Susan’s Last 10 Days in May Magic Bullet Muffin & Fat Back Buster UnDiet & Weight Release Thing will end on Friday.
No point in going over what I’ve eaten meal by meal for the past four days, but I assure you I’ve been using my Magic Bullet more than I’ve been blogging, at which I’ve been quite prolific as I’ve already demonstrated.
Let me give you the big food picture, and a few highlights.
Generally, I have a fruit smoothie for breakfast and/or lunch with some combination of three fruits from this list: strawberries, pineapple, banana, oranges (in the form of juice), pomegranate, grapefruit (juice or fruit), and apples.
The base of all my smoothies is equal parts almond milk and soy milk, and a tablespoon of Chia seeds. I choose the fruit depending on what I feel like, you can do the same at your discretion. Create any combination you like, or use just one fruit, if you prefer.
- 1/2 cup soy milk (unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup almond milk (unsweetened)
- 1/3 cup of a fruit of your choice
- 1/3 cup of a second fruit of your choice
- 1/3 cup of a third fruit of your choice
- 1 tablespoon Chia seeds
- one or two ice cubes
Combine all the ingredients in the Magic Bullet cup, put on the blade, and blend! Easy peasy.
Note: This recipe works with most types of blenders. If you’re using a Magic Bullet, which I am, you will have to reduce the quantities slightly for the party cup because it holds 2 cups maximum. Also, I usually can’t drink the whole thing, so I save the leftover for either lunch or a snack.
Lunch &/or dinner
Soup. I LOVE soup. And it’s souper (!) easy to make in the Bullet.
Quick Cream of Anything Soup
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped veg
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (and/or almond and/or soy milk, depending how creamy you want your soup; yogurt makes it creamier, but also has more calories)
Put the chopped vegetable of your choice, chicken stock, and garlic in the Magic Bullet “big” cup. Heat in the microwave for two minutes, until the veg is soft (may need longer for carrots, slice them thin). Add the yogurt; blend. Pour into a nice bowl, season to taste, and voila!
Note: for the Magnificent Mushroom soup, I sauteed the mushrooms and garlic in a bit of olive oil in a small frying pan first. I adore all the soups but the mushroom is truly outstanding: rich and creamy and glorious.
The list of ingredients I bought for the week is here.)
Besides eating well and blogging, I’ve been walking (despite the rain, and, wait for it…. SNOW!), spinning inside on my bike, watching the humming birds at the feeder just outside my window, and getting cheeky comments from (ironically) Facebook friends for doing so.
I full expect to make mince meat of my muffin by the end of this week, just as we made mince meat of misogyny of Facebook in the past seven days. Or so it would seem at the moment.
“The proof of the pudding is in the eating,” as the saying goes.
We’ll just have to wait and see if Mr. Zuckerberg and his team of Facebook cooks are in the process of blending up some smoothies of their own….
Important caveat: I am not a nutritionist, and this may or may not be a “healthy” regime for me or you or anyone else. It’s just a thing I’m doing for a short time for my own personal long-term well being.
- The Magic Bullet (tamberrinoartstudio.wordpress.com)
- Last 10 days in May fabulous food list (amazingsusansblog.wordpress.com)
- Susan’s Last 10 Days in May Magic Bullet Muffin & Fat Back Buster UnDiet & Weight Release Thing (amazingsusansblog.wordpress.com)
- Day 1: Last 10 Days in May Magic Bullet Muffin Buster (amazingsusansblog.wordpress.com)
- Day 2: 10 Days in May Magic Bullet Muffin Buster (amazingsusansblog.wordpress.com)
- Days 3 & 4: 10 Days in May Magic Bullet Muffin Buster (amazingsusansblog.wordpress.com)
- The Magic In The Magic Bullet (viewpoints.com)
- Silk PureAlmond Review (slendergrapefruit.wordpress.com)
- 5 Tips for More Satisfying Smoothies (thekitchn.com)
- Avocado-Mango Smoothie (curryworld.wordpress.com)