Day 1: Last 10 Days in May Magic Bullet Muffin Buster
Today is Day 1 of Susan’s Last 10 Days in May Magic Bullet Muffin & Fat Back Buster UnDiet & Weight Release Thing
It’s a rainy one, and I’ve been busy so far being an activist, gardener, birdwatcher, playmate and cook. Variety is the spice of life as they say…
This morning I have:
- protested gender-based violence on Facebook (and have been blocked by Facebook for doing so)
- cut and arranged lilacs from the two beautiful lilac bushes (or are they called trees?) that stand like purple guardians on either side of the deck in front of my home solarium/office
- enjoyed watching the hummingbirds dive bomb each other getting at the feeder I put up just the other day (here’s an amazing hummingbird feeding frenzy at Pinkie Patti’s feeder last summer)
- played with Pia Roma, my Mom’s cat
- made a quick and easy breakfast with my Magic Bullet!
My Last 10 Days in May Magic Bullet Muffin & Fat Back Buster UnDiet & Weight Release Thing has no menu plan, I’m making it up as I go along, depending on what I feel like when I wake up and wander through my day.
The Magic Bullet makes it easy to be flexible: I just grab whatever ingredients strike my fancy, put them in the Bullet cup and blend. That’s the beauty of it 🙂 I love fast, easy, and flexible.
Breakfast was a (delicious) Pineapple Strawberry Orange smoothie and a handful of Honey Roasted Lemon Almonds. I don’t measure ingredients, but here’s an approximation of what I put in the smoothie:
- seven chunks of fresh (or canned or frozen pineapple)
- five strawberries cut in half
- half cup soy milk (unsweetened)
- half cup almond milk (unsweetened)
- half cup orange juice (with pulp)
- 1 tablespoon Chia seeds
- two ice cubes
The list of ingredients I bought for the week is here. If you are doing this with me, I suggest you buy whatever fruit and veg you like and substitute in the recipes.
I couldn’t drink all of the smoothie, so I saved the rest for a snack this afternoon (if I’m hungry). The Bullet cups have lids, so you just pop the lid on and put the cup in the fridge.
I’ll have “crudites” for lunch (celery sticks, carrot sticks and mixed olives), probably will have some juice, maybe orange. I love the President’s Choice orange juice with pulp.
I plan on “Temptation Tomato” soup for supper.
The soup is fabulous, I tried it last week. It’s so simple, it’s hard to believe it can taste so good. I would happily serve it to dinner guests….
Here’s the recipe:
- One and a half medium tomatoes
- 1 Cup chicken stock
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 Cup plain yogurt
Cut the tomato into chunks and place in the Magic Bullet with the garlic and chicken stock. Heat in the microwave for one to two minutes (until tomato chunks are soft). Add the yogurt. Blend until smooth (less than a minute). Add salt and pepper to taste. Top with a bit of crumbled feta cheese for garnish. Just try it. Honestly, it is AWESOME.
I’m going for a walk now. Later!
Important caveat: I am not a nutritionist, and this may or may not be a “healthy” regime for me or you or anyone else. It’s just a thing I’m doing for a short time for my own personal long-term well being.
- Plan to Make Healthy Smoothies (docmatthew.com)
- Tart Green Smoothies (positivelyfitlife.wordpress.com)
- The Magic Bullet (tamberrinoartstudio.wordpress.com)
- Last 10 days in May fabulous food list (amazingsusansblog.wordpress.com)
- Tomato Soup Goodness (healthypreservation.wordpress.com)
- Susan’s Last 10 Days in May Magic Bullet Muffin & Fat Back Buster UnDiet & Weight Release Thing (amazingsusansblog.wordpress.com)
- Strawberry, Mango, Pineapple & Pomegranate Smoothie (utterlyruins.wordpress.com)
That smoothie looks delicious!
IT IS!!!! And I love your #PINK turtle – I’m a #PINK junkie LOL 🙂 (As you may have noticed :P)
We need to make a vegetarian out of you 😉
I am mostly “pescetarian” 😉 I haven’t eaten red meat in close to a decade. I eat chicken from time to time, but I do love salmon and shrimp, one of which I eat once a week (or will until fish stocks run out :(). Obviously, vegetable stock can be substituted for chicken stock in the Bullet soup recipes. The Temptation Tomato is truly delicious 🙂
Comments are closed.