15 things i’m grateful for today 20/04/05
Years ago, I had a daily practice of writing lists of things I was grateful for. I decided to resurrect the practice today – maybe just for today, or maybe for a longer time. We’ll see how it unfolds.
- I’m grateful that my Christmas cactus (above) thinks it’s December not April
- I’m grateful for the tick tock of my antique clocks, both of which were once my mother’s
- I’m grateful for the sense of hearing, and that mine isn’t impaired at the moment
- I’m grateful that I have a laptop, and that it still works
- I’m grateful I learned how to “touch” type in grade 9
- I’m grateful for CBC Ideas, particularly this episode on stoicism, which I knew nothing about until last Friday night. As I listened, I was struck by the synchronicity of some of the ideas and concepts with experiences I’m living through and with right now
- I’m grateful for the thought-provoking, anxiety-reducing and insightful TED interview with Elizabeth Gilbert below
- I’m grateful for breath, and the ability to breathe and that I still have both
- I’m grateful for air
- I’m grateful for reconnecting with UU church friends this morning
- I’m grateful for overcast days like today that make it easier to stay at home
- I’m grateful for the colour, shape and beauty of the single geranium bloom that stands in a crystal vase on an antique table that, like my antique clocks, was also once my mother’s
- I’m grateful for almond butter
- I’m grateful for Dandelion Foods (where I buy my almond butter!)
- I’m grateful I have so many more things than this list of fifteen to be grateful for
More posts on being grateful here.
© 2019 Susan Macaulay . I invite you to share my posts widely, but please do not reprint, reblog or copy and paste them in their entirety without my permission. Thank you.