Today was YET ANOTHER PERFECT DAY for riding. Almost better than Sunday.
As it was such an amazing day, I thought I would again try a loop to Barry’s Bay – this time with some variations to shorten the time, increase the distance and avoid gravel. I achieved two of the three. Yay me!
I rode twenty-five more kilometers (somewhat different route) in two hours less time (not as much dillydallying and yakking and instead more riding LOL); but I did not manage to avoid gravel (there were several kilometers worth on Opeongo Road). On the plus side, gravel is good practice.
Today’s ride highlights included:
- randomly meeting Shawn Devlin at the Bogie General Store and riding Centennial Lake Road and through Denbigh together until he turned left for Bancroft and I went right toward Shutt
- seeing where I went wrong with the missed left-hand turn in Sunday’s loop
- discovering the bay-side park, and more important, the PARK BENCH in Barry’s Bay
- getting to the right sign and riding the whole of Letterkenny instead of only a portion of it
- visiting the Quadeville General Store for a second time and once again chatting with the locals
- re-seeing the views from the top of the hill
- re-discovering the OTHER Opeongo Road (either there are three of them or I am terribly confused)
- having several people comment on the Brake Free light on my helmet (consensus? very cool!)
- seeing many more riders en route than I did two days ago
- not getting lost
- getting only slightly rained on
- arriving home safe and sound
I hope everyone else had a wonderful day.
Take care and #ridesafe. Today’s Relive vid is here:
© 2023 Susan Macaulay. I invite you to share my poetry and posts widely, but please do not reprint, reblog or copy and paste them in their entirety without my permission. Thank you.