Today was another perfect day for riding. I got up early and was away by 07:30; I got home more than eleven hours later. Of course I didn’t ride all that time, there were breaks for chats and pics and even a short siesta late in the afternoon.
Here are things I am most grateful for in (sort of) chronological order:
- I am particularly grateful for the beautiful weather today and yesterday when so many others in Canada and worldwide are enduring adverse weather events such as floods, drought and wildland fires
- I’m grateful for the early morning air and light (and the shadows that are cast by the latter).
- I’m grateful for riding Tatlock Road for the first time in the early morning
- I’m grateful for the wildlife I saw including a family of partridges (?), a wild turkey mom with her chicks and a red fox who scooted across the road well in front of me so no breaking was required.
- I’m grateful for the chat with the KTM rider I met last year at the vehicle wash in Almonte and then randomly met again this morning in the Bogie General Store parking lot
- I’m grateful for maps — the paper kind as well as the google kind (at least most of the time)
- I’m grateful for technology that tells me when to turn right and left and which also works most of the time (see above and below)
- I’m grateful for the two riders who gave me roadside directions to Barry’s Bay when 6 & 7 above were SNAFU
- I’m grateful WindSister Kelly K. was at home and not far from where I stopped in Barry’s Bay and that we had a chance to meet, chat and swap moto stories
- I’m grateful I successfully navigated the ten kilometers of roller-coaster, loose-gravel road that google maps sent me on with my not-meant-for-the-dirt little cruiser #shameonyougooglemaps LOL !
- I’m grateful for my first time riding Letterkenny Road, which, I discovered, is all it’s cracked up to be (#mustride #speakingofrollercoasters)
- I’m super grateful that the VERY COOL General Store in Quadeville has gas pumps, otherwise I would have been SOL. Never would have made it to the next available fuel – PHEW!
- I’m grateful for the sevearal amazing new roads (besides Letterkenny) that I got to ride today
- I’m grateful TheFox has a new front wheel assembly (stolen from TheTwin thanks to James A. <3) and I can once again come to a stop without fear of high-siding
- I’m grateful TheFox is running like a top
- I’m grateful my mirrors have never been so well placed
- I’m grateful for the continuing opportunities to learn and practice my riding skills
- I’m grateful Eaganville has a park with benches wide enough to nap on
- I’m grateful I have the resources and abilities (at the moment) that allow me to enjoy the privilege of riding a motorcycle
- I’m grateful I am home safe tonight
Take care and #ridesafe everyone. The Relive vid is here:
© 2023 Susan Macaulay. I invite you to share my poetry and posts widely, but please do not reprint, reblog or copy and paste them in their entirety without my permission. Thank you.