A good way to lift my own spirits when I’m feeling a bit blue is to make a list of the things I’m grateful for.
Here is today’s list:
- I’m grateful to have had enjoyed amazing sunsets on a virtually daily basis wherever I have lived in the world. The one above is from three years ago today (i.e. February 11, 2018). I took the pic from my back deck in North Hatley, QC, Canada, and photoshopped it tonight February 11, 2021).
- I’m grateful for the amazing countries I’ve lived in: Canada (British Columbia, Quebec, Alberta and Ontario), New Zealand, Australia, and the United Arab Emirates (Abu Dhabi and Dubai).
- I’m grateful to be living in Almonte, Mississippi Mills, Ontario, Canada, right now.
- I’m grateful for good cards.
- I’m grateful for the support I get from friends all over the world (and next door)!
- I’m grateful for poetry and that it’s such fun for me to write – especially during this seemingly never-ending pandemic.
- I’m grateful for my strengths and weaknesses which are sometimes double-edged swords. I’m particularly grateful for being honest and true to myself, because I despise lies.
- I’m grateful for winter.
- I’m grateful for 70% chocolate.
- I’m grateful I can still breathe and walk and see and touch and smell and hear.
- I’m grateful my brain still processes stuff relatively efficiently. Sort of. LOL 🙂
© 2020 Susan Macaulay. I invite you to share my posts widely, but please do not reprint, reblog or copy and paste them in their entirety without my permission. Thank you.